EB138 – Sergio Lerner: How RSK Will Bring Smart Contracts To Bitcoin
Security researcher and RSK co-founder Sergio Lerner joined us to discuss RSK (also Rootstock), the project to launch a turing-complete smart contract sidechain to Bitcoin. We talked about how he got into the industry, spending countless days analyzing Bitcoin for vulnerabilities and finding a few along the way. And, of course, RSK, the ambitious project to strenghten the Bitcoin ecosystem through adding smart contract capabilities.
Topics covered included:
- How Sergio initially got involved in the Bitcoin space
- His early work on turing-complete cryptocurrencies going back to 2012
- Why financial inclusion is the most important problem to solve
- Merged mining and RSK’s security model
- How RSK compares to Ethereum
- RSK’s business model
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Jaxx: Wallets that Unify the Blockchain Experience Across Devices jaxx.io
- Hide.me: Protect your privacy and personal data with a free VPN account at Hide.me/epicenter
Epicenter Bitcoin is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain, S?ƒbastien Couture & Meher Roy.
Source: Coin Desk