EB135 – Stephen Palley: Lawmodynamics And How To Sue A DAO
For many the promise of decentralized applications and DAOs is to be beyond the limitations and rigidity of the existing legal system. There is no question that where DAOs can roam freely, innovation can accelerate. But can the law, courts and regulations be left behind so easily?
Lawyer Stephen Palley joined us to discuss what happens when the new and old worlds collide and how courts will look at what goes on in the land of DAOs and DApps.
Topics covered included:
- Whether trust is reduced, removed or just shifted elsewhere in blockchain systems
- If creating decentralized applications could create liability risks
- Why courts will impose a legal structure if a formal one doesn’t exist
- The concept of jurisdiction and how it could affect DAOs
- Why one should be careful with saying a DAO provides insurance
Links mentioned in this episode:
- How to Sue A DAO
- Blockchain Jurisdiction
- Smart Contracts and Smart Lawsuits
- Blockchain and the First Law of Lawmodynamics
- Smart Contracts, Performance and Trust
- DAO Insurance Company, Inc
- All of Stephen Palley’s LinkedIn Posts
- EB125 Florian Glatz: Defining a Legal Framework for DAOs
- EB132 Stephan Tual: A Universal Sharing Network and a $150m DAO
- Hide.me: Protect your privacy and personal data with a free VPN account at http://Hide.me/epicenter
- Ledger Nano: Smart card security for your Bitcoins – Get 10% off your first order when you use the code EPICENTER at http://ledgerwallet.com
Epicenter Bitcoin is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain, S?ƒbastien Couture & Meher Roy.
Source: Coin Desk