#240 Pamela Morgan: Cryptoasset Inheritance Planning
While many cryptocurrency holders have thought about how to secure their assets, how to pass on cryptoassets in case of one’s death is rarely on people’s mind. Lawyer Pamela Morgan has been helping people and organizations build solutions to safely store their cryptoassets and has recently turned her attention to inheritance planning.
We discussed her new book ‘œCryptoasset Inheritance Planning’ and how people can design a simple plan to give heirs a high chance of recovering assets in less than an hour.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- How an impassioned talk on Bitcoin by Andreas Antonopoulos started her crypto journey
- Common misconceptions lawyers have about crypto
- Her work through Empowered Law on educating lawyers
- Third Key Solutions and building non-custodial key management solutions
- The most frequent mistakes people make when it comes to protecting cryptoassets
- How to do inheritance planning for cryptoassets
- Differentiating between technical and legal aspects to inheritance planning
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Empowered Law ‘” Law and Education to Empower the World
- Third Key Solutions ‘” Non-Custodial Key Management and Consulting Services
- Cryptoasset Inheritance Planning Book
- Inheritance Planning for Cryptocurrencies: 3 Steps in 3 Minutes
- When Disaster Strikes: Developing a Recovery Plan for Bitcoin and Digital Tokens
- Pamela Morgan on Twitter
- DappCon: Conference for Ethereum DApps & Infrastructure ‘” ‘Berlin, July 19 & 20
Support the show, consider donating:
- BTC: 1CD83r9EzFinDNWwmRW4ssgCbhsM5bxXwg (https://epicenter.tv/tipbtc)
- BCC: 1M4dvWxjL5N9WniNtatKtxW7RcGV73TQTd (http://epicenter.tv/tipbch)
- ETH: 0x8cdb49ca5103Ce06717C4daBBFD4857183f50935 (https://epicenter.tv/tipeth)
This episode is also available on :
Watch or listen, Epicenter is available wherever you get your podcasts.
Epicenter is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain, Sƒbastien Couture & Meher Roy.
Source: Coin Desk