#220 Manuel Araoz: Zeppelin and the Evolution of Smart Contract Development
Zeppelin Co-Founder and CTO Manuel Araoz joined us to discuss his journey from building one of the first non-financial Bitcoin applications in 2012 to improving development and security practices for Ethereum smart contracts. We discussed the OpenZeppelin framework, a library of audited smart contracts as well as their new project zeppelin_os. Through on-chain, well-vetted and upgradeable smart contracts zeppelin_os aims to make developing Ethereum applications both easier and more secure.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Manuel’s journey in the blockchain space from proof of existence to BitPay to Streamium to Zeppelin
- Why Manuel moved away from a pure Bitcoin focus to working on Ethereum
- Why Zeppelin focuses on smart contract security
- How smart contract security evolved since the start of Ethereum
- The OpenZeppelin framework of audited Ethereum contracts
- Why zeppelin_os and standardized, upgradeable on-chain contracts are the next evolutionary step
- The core component of zeppelin_os: Kernel, SDK and markeplace
- The ZEP token and its role in zeppelin_os
Links mentioned in this episode:
Support the show, consider donating:
- BTC: 1CD83r9EzFinDNWwmRW4ssgCbhsM5bxXwg (https://epicenter.tv/tipbtc)
- BCC: 1M4dvWxjL5N9WniNtatKtxW7RcGV73TQTd (http://epicenter.tv/tipbch)
- ETH: 0x8cdb49ca5103Ce06717C4daBBFD4857183f50935 (https://epicenter.tv/tipeth)
This episode is also available on :
Watch or listen, Epicenter is available wherever you get your podcasts.
Epicenter is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain, S?ƒbastien Couture & Meher Roy.
Source: Coin Desk