#218 Chris Burnsike & Jack Tatar: Cryptoassets – The Rise of a New Asset Class
Over the past year, cryptoassets have exploded in popularity. From a mere $18bn at the start of 2017, the aggregate market cap of all cryptoassets recently reached $820bn as interest in Bitcoin and its cousins went mainstream. Jack Tatar and Chris Burniske joined us to discuss their new book ‘Cryptoassets: The Innovative Investor’s Guide to Bitcoin and Beyond’. It is one of the first systematic views on cryptoassets from a mainstream investor’s perspective.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- How Jack and Chris originally became interested in Bitcoin and cryptoassets
- Why the term cryptoassets is a good umbrella term for the different kinds of tokens
- The different categories of cryptoassets: Cryptocurrencies, cryptocommodities and cryptotokens
- How cryptoassets fit into an overall investment portfolio
- How to value cryptoassets
- Whether we are in a cryptoasset bubble and expectations for the future
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Cryptoassets on Amazon
- Cryptoassets – Book Website
- Cryptoasset Valuations ?'” Chris Burniske ?'” Medium
- Why I like the term, ?’?œCryptoassets?’ ?'” Chris Burniske ?'” Medium
- The Crypto J-Curve ?'” Chris Burniske ?'” Medium
- Bitcoins are the best investment in my retirement account – MarketWatch
Support the show, consider donating:
- BTC: 1CD83r9EzFinDNWwmRW4ssgCbhsM5bxXwg (https://epicenter.tv/tipbtc)
- ETH: 0x8cdb49ca5103Ce06717C4daBBFD4857183f50935 (https://epicenter.tv/tipeth)
Watch or listen, Epicenter is available wherever you get your podcasts.
Epicenter is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain, S?ƒbastien Couture & Meher Roy.
Source: Coin Desk