158 – Reto Trinkler & Mona El Isa: The Polkadot Protocol – One Blockchain To Connect Them All
System scalability and extensibility of system features are two central problems around which research in the cryptocurrency / blockchain industry has centered. For example, the Blockstream sidechains project foresaw hundreds of blockchains coordinating together to form an ?’?˜Internet of Chains?’? delivering extensibility to the Bitcoin system.
Recently, Dr. Gavin Wood, co-founder of Ethereum and Parity, put forth Polkadot, a technical vision to achieve the similar end-goals using different system architecture. Polkadot could enable individual blockchain networks to share security and communications infrastructure with other blockchain networks, forming in effect an ?’?˜Internet of Blockchain networks?’?.
Melonport, a team based out of Zurich, has taken up the challenge of deploying the Polkadot network and also building decentralized asset management software on the same network. In this episode we converse with Mona El Isa and Reto Trinkler, co-founders of Melonport, in order to discover more about the overall vision.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Melonport, a team based out of Zurich, has taken up the challenge of deploying the Polkadot network and also building decentralized asset management software on the same network. In this episode we converse with Mona El Isa and Reto Trinkler, co-founders of Melonport, in order to discover more about the overall vision.
- Description of problem(s) Polkadot seeks to resolve
- Analogous design problems from technological history
- Overview of Polkadot network
- Overview of Melonport asset management software
- How Melonport and Polkadot connect with each other
- Next steps for the team
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Melonport website
- Melonport white paper
- melonproject on GitHub
- Melonport explainer video
- Polkadot Network
- Polkadot white paper
- Parity and Melonport joint press release
- Ledger: Smart card security for your Bitcoins – Get 10% off your first order when you use the code EPICENTER
- Jaxx: Wallets that Unify the Blockchain Experience Across Devices
This episode is also available on :
Watch or listen, Epicenter is available wherever you get your podcasts.
Epicenter is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain, S?ƒbastien Couture & Meher Roy.
Source: Coin Desk